Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last weeks, first days

Hi all, after five months of planning, hiring, training and completing various others tasks associated with ending my five years with Charis Ministries, and four weeks of packing (with lots of help from family and friends) and finishing projects, I've at last arrived at the Stouffers' and moved into their lovely garden-level suite more or less for the next month. Last week was a whirlwind. Packing went on concurrent with having the place repainted (Andrew did a great job - let me know if you want his number), and then Tom and Jo's wedding (which was wonderful - perhaps more reflections on that to follow). It feels good to have landed in a place with excellent food, lively conversation, and taking an afternoon naps is not frowned upon.

So many of you have been interested and encouraging about this adventure, and one of my hopes is to do some writing while I'm off, so I decided to enter the blogosphere. I expect that how often and what I write about will unfold as time goes on. And let me know what you'd like to hear about as we go along too. And we're off!

1 comment:

Briana said...

Welcome to your new adventure! :) Glad to hear the move was good. We miss you out here in Charis-land, but send you lots of love and prayers!