Monday, September 8, 2008

Catching Up & Serendipity

Catching up on sleep, catching up with friends. The simple way to describe last week. I even took advantage of a 'professional development day' thanks to an inviation from Lynette and Susannah from AHHA! who were leading a storytelling and visual analysis workshop. As many of you know I'm a big fan of using images as metaphors for consumer understanding, team building at work, and for discovery of deep personal insights, so I was happy to say 'yes to serendipity' last Thursday.

At the beginning of the workshop we each chose a single picture to capture our professional and personal desires for the day. The image I chose incorporates vibrant color and culinary elements that looked like music sounds. Being 'between professional activities', I was interested in attending the workshop to connect with a part of my past as I sort out what I want to 'cook up' for the future. Skillfully combining favorite ingredients, like muscial notes into a new song, into a tasty new dish that will be vibrant and feast for myself and others.

1 comment:

Briana said...

That is a super cool picture - where did you find the image?