Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Received my Crown

Dr. Resnick, aka "Super Res", my childhood dentist dubbed me "Queen Jenéne." It gave me great delight that he deemed my sister Shelly a mere Princess. 8 weeks ago I made a trip to see Dr. Chang, for what was the first of a 4-visit root canal, and which I suspect was the trigger for the shingles. Today she crowned me with a new porcelain molar on a gold post. One more visit next week for final adjustments and a general cleaning and at least the dental phase of my unanticpated journey this summer will be over.

The shingles look to be a longer haul. I've been back at work, but balancing pain management with my ability to focus on the tasks at hand has been a challenge. In general the nerve pain has lessened, but is not gone. I know it won't last forever, but boy, for those of you eligible, get that vaccine!

This coming weekend I'm looking forward to a visit from Cincinnati friends Joan & Don. We have booked a lovely Gold Coast hotel and have plans for fine dining, a concert and sightseeing. A most welcome diversion. I'll be back on the road in earnest beginning August 15th with orientation visits to a few of the ministries I will be supporting in Detroit and Cleveland. After a very quick turn around in Chicago, I head for a weekend in Vail with my mom and dad, enroute to a national meeting of retreat house and spirituality program directors at Sacred Heart Jesuit Retreat House in Sedalia, southwest of Denver. A new smartphone is in the works and I hope to get back into a groove of posts from the road.

No comments: